Click here for College of Liberal Arts Current Events
UNO-St. CLAUDE GALLERY
REGULAR HOURS: Satrudays through Sundays, 12-5 p.m.
2429 St. Claude Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70117
The Gallery is closed for all University Holidays.
Please click here to view a list of important dates and holidays from the Registrar's Office.
CLICK HERE FOR A MAP TO THE GALLERY
CHECK OUT OUR GALLERY PAGE FOR PAST EXHIBITIONS
August 10 - September 7, 2013
a show about artist collaborators and artist couples
Ariya Martin and Michael Winter / Rachel and Chris Deris / Kathy Rodriguez and Matthew Kirscht / Kevin Baer and Sylvia Santamaria / Natalie McLaurin and Ben Fox-McCord / Ryn Wilson and Peter Hoffman / Tony Campbell and Matt Vis (as Generic Art Solutions)
Opening Reception: Saturday, August 10, 6-9 p.m.
September 7 - October 5, 2013
UNO M.F.A. Alumnus and Instructor
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 7, 6-9 p.m.
October 12 - November 2, 2013
UNO Fine Arts and Center Austria Artist Exchange
Opening Reception: Saturday, October 12, 6-9 p.m.
November 9 - December 15, 2013
curated by Ariya Martin
Opening Reception: Saturday, November 9, 6-9 p.m.
Photo NOLA dates - December 12-15, 2013
Right now in New Orleans, Artist Based Collectives are showing up on the St. Claude corridor near the UNO St. Claude gallery. These collectives have provided the perfect environment for emerging artists to show work. Good Children and The Front collective are two spaces that have members who are recent MFA grads as well as faculty members.
The St. Claude Arts District (SCADNOLA)
The Department of Fine Arts is a branch of UNO's College of Liberal Arts, which offers an undergraduate curriculum leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree. Students are encouraged to enter regional and national competitive exhibitions, and seniors must mount a professional-quality exhibition of their work in the UNO Fine Arts Gallery before they graduate. The UNO Department of Fine Arts has:
- Full accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- A dedicated faculty who are all actively working professional artists exhibiting throughout the United States and Europe.
- Support facilities, including a computer lab and an in-house slide library, periodicals, reference books, and movies.
- An on-campus Fine Arts Gallery that focuses on exhibitions of undergraduate student work.
- We run an off-campus gallery that features graduate students and visiting artists.
- A separate University "Arts" Library housed within the main campus library.
- An extremely diverse and committed student body offering a myriad of influences of life experiences and cultural viewpoints.
- A regular program of visiting artists and lecturers, both within the department, and in the Greater New Orleans community.
- A proliferation of galleries, institutions, and professional artists in New Orleans, providing an extraordinarily rich field of influences and opportunities.
Fine Arts Office: 280-6493
Chair, Associate Professor: 280-6414
Assistant Professor, Fine Arts Gallery Director: 280-7368
Assistant Professor, Art History: 280-3216
Visiting Artist, Photography: 280-6494
Visiting Artist, Sculpture
Visiting Artist, Printmaking
Art History Instructor: 280-6411
Admin/Digital Instructor: 280-6493
Instructor/Managing Director, UNO St. Claude Gallery: 280-6410
The UNO-St. Claude Gallery is closed for repairs during the month of July.
We will reopen on August 10, 2013, for the opening reception for "Making It," a group show about artist collaborations with a focus on artist couples.
The reception will be held from 6-9 p.m.
Ariya Martin and Michael Winter / Rachel and Christopher Deris / Kevin Baer and Sylvia Santamaria / Ryn Wilson and Peter Hoffman / Kathy Rodriguez and Matthew Kirscht / Tony Campbell and Matt Vis (as Generic Art Solutions) / Natalie McLaurin and Ben Fox-McCord